I’m just back from the Codemotion 2012 held in Rome.
Here’s the list of the most interesting technologies and startup companies I discovered there.
On the tech side I found these topics quite interesting:
- OrientDB, an very interesting graph database http://www.orientechnologies.com/.
- Near Field Communication, a new technology that allows devices and electronic tags to exchange data within a range of centimeters. I was not even aware of it. The standards, though, seem not to be totally interoperable.
- HTML5′s storage solutions: Web Storage, Web SQL Database, Indexed DB and File API. Even though they are not so widespread supported by the main browsers at a level that I feel they should, to make me give them a try in a real world application.
- Backbone JS (http://documentcloud.github.com/backbone/) brings MVC on the client side. Is it SEO friendly too ?
Have to check…It does not seem to be SEO friendly at all, unless you don’t follow this rules.
Here, instead, a bunch of interesting newco:
- http://map2app.com/ allows you to generate map based applications that can be distributed on various mobile stores.
- http://hypertvx.com they came out with a nice idea to synchronise a TV program with a stream of media on your mobile devices.
It could be worth to mention LVenture (http://www.lventure.it) a venture capital that funded some of the start up companies present at Codemotion.
Many thanks to Francesco for the beers we shared in the always awesome Rome nights.